Nuclear Accidents Happen – Then What?
A public discussion about the Pickering Nuclear Station & Emergency Measures
Tuesday, Dec. 5, 7 - 9 p.m.
Pickering Recreation Complex - 1867 Valley Farm Rd, Pickering, O'Brien Room A (located at the back of the complex, where the skating arenas are. Parking lot at the back, or east end, of the complex)
** Note: This venue is an easy walk from the Pickering GO station.
A panel discussion with:
* Kerrie Blaise, Canadian Environmental Law Association (CELA)
* Dr. Ian Fairlie, Radiation Biologist
* Shawn-Patrick Stensil, Senior Energy Analyst, Greenpeace
* Janet McNeill, Durham Nuclear Awareness (DNA)
* Angela Bischoff, Ontario Clean Air Alliance (OCAA)
Free. All welcome!
Are Ontario's plans for nuclear emergencies up to snuff? Many of us think not. Come & learn what "the authorities" are doing (or not doing) to protect us all in the event of a nuclear emergency.
On December 6th & 7th, OPG & 30+ agencies (municipal, regional, provincial & federal) are conducting a big "emergency exercise" at the Pickering nuke plant.
You're not invited.
Do you know what to do in the case of a nuclear explosion?
Where would you go?
What are the risks?
What should we ask of our governments and OPG in order to be properly prepared & protected?